Sunday, April 27, 2008

Desperate.

Do you ever just find that you are desperately searching for something that is ridiculous?

I will not tell you what I am talking about, let me suffice to say that I am a hopeless (or helpless?) romantic. 

So anyways. The Lord has been good, really teaching me about judging people. About how I am a legalist, the best quote I have ever heard is this:
A legalist reads the bible and finds someone it applies too, a christian reads the bible and finds a sinner and tells him about Jesus. 

I have read a verse so many times and thought of just the right person, that one person who really needed to read that verse. Or the one person who really should be listening to this sermon. The plank in my eye has been so amazingly huge that I didn't realize until now that that is what it was. A plank, not a desire for the righteousness of my brothers but a plank. 

The sermon today was amazing.

I need to go to bed, I can barely keep my eyes open. I just thought I would share a little. 

Basically, remember what God saved you from. Remember what you were, and what you went through. And then go be there for someone who is going through that, not to point the finger or pass judgement but to love them nearer to the Lord. 

Shalom!

No comments: